Senior Friendship Club
The River Vale Senior Friendship Club Meets Wednesdays at the River Vale Senior/Community Center from Noon - 4 p.m. The club is open to residents only. If any Seniors have questions regarding the Senior Friendship Club, please call Raul Otey at 201-387-0753 or Marion Bahoritsch at 201-573-9704.
- Raul Otey, President
- Marion Bahoritsch, Vice President
- Josephine Botta, Recording Secretary
- Carmela Gatto, Correspondent Secretary
- Rosemary Burke, Treasurer
We have monthly trips. If you are interested in joining these, call Raul Otey at 201-387-0753.
Senior Assistance ProgramsVolunteer Center of Bergen Co. - http://www.bergenvolunteers.org/chore-service.html, offers basic chore services to Seniors.
Bergen Volunteer Center
64 Passaic St
Hackensack NJ 07601
201 489 9454
And the Cheer Program which offers help with shopping, errands, laundry and light housekeeping, http://vhsbc.com/cheer/
Cheer Program ‘A Helping Hand for Senior Citizens’
Visiting Homemaker Home Health Aide Service of Bergen County
298 Union St
Hackensack NJ 07601
201 488 0041
Toll free 800 246 2402
The Township's free senior citizen transportation is now available every Wednesday and Friday from 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. for seniors needing a ride to a doctor within a 15 mile radius of town or for weekly shopping. Just fill out the Request Form (PDF) and call 201-664-2346, ext. 1006 for more information.
Additional Options for Senior Transportation:
- Bergen County Transportation service at 201 368 5955 Bergen County, NJ - Official Website - Community Transportation
- Access Link which is a NJ Transit service for qualified persons with a disability at 1 800 955 2321 New Jersey Transit
- ITNNorthJersey which is a fee based organization providing transportation to individuals over 60 and/or vision impaired individuals over 21 in Bergen County at 201 398 6885 http://www.itnnorthjersey.org/
- EZ Ride, an additional fee-based service at 201 939 4242 http://www.ezride.org/3-0-SeniorTransportation.asp
Senior Fitness Classes
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:30 - 1 p.m. at the Community / Senior Center. The price is $20 for 4 sessions. For more information, please view the flyer (PDF).